Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Time To...

I never seem to be bothered by things of the heart. My quarreling comes from those things not of the heart. All these disturbances of outward things always trouble me until I get back to the life "not of that." This is not a life of isolation or duty, but rather, a pleasing, unhurried, skipping on the sidewalks of life. I know that I have a tendency to go overboard with things. It is a busy tipping of the scales. I get easily top heavy with worldly going ons. It is far more important for me to see these trivial occurrences, than to dive to my knees asking for forgiveness. Forgiveness from what? From my false nature? Those who live from this nature. Those who have not distinguished this separate self will soon wear callouses on their knees, storm the doors of religious affiliations or volunteer for bible beating ceremonies. They may gain some sense of normalcy, only to return again to the same demise, having understood nothing. This self, that we live in most of our lives, is a self that cannot be changed. That is it's nature. It is cheap, selfish and yields nothing of any value. All resistance to this self, is in fact, the entire disturbance. It matters not whether I unconsciously live in this self or consciously fight it. When living from the false nature, the false nature always wins. If I could see this, half the battle would be over. To watch in quiet observation, doing nothing, is all I can do, for the rest is done by the heart. There are times when this is difficult and there are times when I easily surrender. Either way that is the only true purpose. A time to live, a time to learn and a place to reside, happily within. r

No comments:

Post a Comment