Saturday, March 27, 2010

This Is A Test

God may not test you, but the world definitely will. As I move along, absent from drugs and now nicotine, I have kept very few sentimental dates or keepsakes. Those I have chosen to keep linger for a while, then lose their value and are discarded. I use dates to coincide with relevant things in my path towards upward understanding. I chose to stop nicotine on March 14Th. I remember very little from March 14Th, but the date, if all goes well, is an established birth towards greater personal change. I often look for representation as to why I chose certain dates or times to mark events like this and very simply, there are subliminal messages to be discovered. I looked for the numbers 3 and 14 in that order and found a scripture from 1 Corinthians 3:14. The apostle Paul is speaking about being tested spiritually. That the world (life) will come with it's fire to test and we will either endure it or we won't. It will depend on our spiritual fitness. May this come to no surprise, this is now, in this lifetime, not later, as others would attempt to impose. The verse reads: "If what he has built survives he will receive his reward." Let me remind you that these rewards are rewards that are stored in heaven, within us and that they are not rewards that interest others. Our rewards will be received, expect goodness when you try to do good things. Material things when a part of the foundation, not the foundation itself, may then be received, and thoroughly, enjoyed. The winds of life, no matter how fierce, when endured, make you stronger. Someday the love of the most uncomfortable things will sit greatest in your heart. blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment