Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Where's Waldo

There are many times that I have been led astray. There have been many times that, while asleep, I have just drifted around, wandering, bumbling and stumbling. From the time I can earliest recall to the age of 44, I did just that. Everything I did started as a curiosity or a challenge and ultimately led to an obsession. I took on all comers thinking they would identify me or substantiate what I thought I was or should be. Nothing worked and in 2001 I entered a treatment center for drug addiction. To get to the point (because I can get long winded), those distractions still exist for me today. Quite often, they are more powerful than before. Today, I am different. I am different today, because I have learned to take instructions from within. My mind is the negotiator for all external and internal stimulation. I choose today because I believe in something greater than me. That something is identified by and called many things. The questions I ask myself before I jump: Is this going to truly make me happy? Does it go against the things I have already learned my lessons from? Is it something that I haven't really looked at yet? Finally, do I really want or agree with this? I am learning to turn everything inward, for that is where the kingdom and my true birth rite lies

1 comment:

  1. I really like the question, "Does it go against the things I have already learned my lessons from?" Though it seems like this question wouldn't need to be asked, that is if the lesson was truly learned. But how many times do we get ourselvse in the same bad predicaments knowing the outcome will be the same? For me, it is daily. I get involved with the same things, expecting a different outcome...thanks, Dad.

    ReplyDelete