Thursday, June 11, 2009

NSYNC

The object of my desires. I think that phrase came from a song a while back and I wish I could have left that phrase in that song. I have the tools and opportunities to manage my own life, but because I am a rockhead, I fail to use the tools to keep me in check. There are basic desires that I have and all of them seemed to be attached to an object. I place desires and pleasures (benefit, pleasing etc...) with these objects. It doesn't matter whether it be people, places or things. I get into trouble when they don't, won't or can't comply, subsequently, I suffer grief. These people, places and things must comply to how I want the movie to turn out (whether knowingly or unknowingly) or I am pained. I am pained when: I don't get what I want, don't get what I think I have coming to me, that I am going to lose something that I think I have or an event (pleasurable) doesn't come off the way I had hoped or planned it would. (A while back i wrote a piece about hope, you might want to re-read it). So my point is this, in and of themselves, desires are human traits and there is nothing wrong with enjoying them. However, pleasure should come naturally and spontaneously, never schemed or orchestrated. That was it's original intention. You hear a lot of ideas and opinions about passion. Jesus suggested that I lose my passions. If it blocks me from the light or keeps me asleep to myself (directing my own movie), it may be a good time to consider some healthy alternatives. Blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment