Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Inverted Pyramid

"Human beings live by echoes and when they hear none they get scared." Vernon Howard


It is truly a marked sign of progress when I see the many "I's" present within me. With a stand against silence, I have turned the pyramid upside down, logically manifesting my mind with all this clutter of personality. I am this, I am that, I should do this or I should do that, I can do this, I can't do that, I live a life with the lives of 9 cats. I have briefly seen these paradoxes within me, never realizing how combustible they are and never seeing how snagged I become on life. The liberation from it would be to recognize this simple fact. That I allow it to cultivate through my own unconscious ignorance. So, for the next few moments, or even for this entire day, I should request a bit of awareness towards the barking and resounding of the "so called" me. So, I pray, that I find the wisdom to get out of myself (objectively) and see myself from the perspective of a distant observer, with only the desire to see the benefits of not hearing a return. Blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment