Friday, October 1, 2010

I Lie

Ah, you say, When the next one comes in that will be my place of rest. When I get the next job or the newest big screen or that new bicycle seat, that is where my happiness must be. Notice, deep down, that there is no way you can really believe that and if you are angry at me for saying that, it proves it. This is not bad, this is good! It is good to see how you lie. It is good to see how you blanket yourself with illusion. Lies have been the whole story of your life. Wouldn't it be better to say I have kidded myself into thinking "If I get this or throw away that I will be happy, but I have never been happy, therefore, I had better listen to a voice higher than myself?" Listen to that and let it tell me the whole story so that I can have a whole life. From a VH talk.

In the world, what you go after, what you await, what you get, will never be it. It must be told by something higher. Something not from society, nor from the battlefield inside of you. r

No comments:

Post a Comment