Saturday, February 6, 2010

Upon Further Review

Notice how the ego strives for attention. It doesn't just strive for attention it demands it. Now, it would be important for me to try to understand it's inter workings if I am to not live from it. Having acted from it most of my life is not seeing it, but if I were to examine "most of my life," I could get a glimpse of how it has effected or molded me (for lack of a better word). It is this nature of the false self to demand my attention, for it is I who give it life. Without my inclusion of false desire, obsession, daily thought patterns, ambition and passion, it cannot exist. Pick up an example of an act. Take cycling as an example or anything you passionately do. Let us say that I pick up my bike and ride out 20 miles. Upon my return, I am feeling good about myself and my body is invigorated. The endorphins are running through me and I am feeling pleased with my efforts. These are natural and necessary states. The false self, however, will not allow you to put it down and leave it for another day. No, it infiltrates and expounds into the mind (where it can only exist)creating illusions. These illusions can range from: "You should ride everyday because you can become a professional, an expert," to, "I will scan the cycling ebay files for a $3000 bike because I am now a professional." I know these examples may seem absurd to you, but you get my drift and if you look at your passions, ambitions or desires you will find similarity. Now, for the good part. Isn't this funny? Can you laugh at yourself? This is a healthy way to see how it is the nature of your ego, false self to demand your intense attention in these areas. Keyword: Intense. This is the ego's greatest weapon, because it loves for us to create tunnel vision to which it festers and "contains us", the most. This is why ego driven good days are followed by ego driven bad days. Try not to identify so much with what you do. Balance of everything is the path to good health. Walk-a-long casually is the best medicine. Be watchful without trance. Blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment