Monday, February 8, 2010

Deja Vu

I awoke this morning with the rain coming down and a noticeable itch in my mental makeup (where all itches appear to originate). Faculties begin to whirl. I know those faculties, I have been experiencing them my whole life. They are usually, but not always, instigated by a previous manic yesterday and were written about earlier this week. So, nonetheless, they are not new, they are old. They are not based on anything but the old false, illusory self. I want to share a story with you. It is a story Christ shared about such times. The beautiful fact about Christ is he always told the truth. He gave us scenarios, but never left us hanging. He always left an anecdote to assist us in finding the truth about ourselves. The story goes something like this: The evil one will return to find an empty room, a room that has been swept clean. He will then leave, go out into the desert, and return with seven more, seven more powerful than he. To the asleepened world, this illustration appears archaic, but for those of us who seek the truth and what to find out how to live, it is beautiful music for our hearts. If I am on a spiritual quest and I am examining myself alertly, I can be on the lookout for these types of devilish illusions. Expect them. Now, your attention is needed here. We must see the evil one in action by first recognizing his masks and that these negativities are not us, but rather, his scheme to pull us into the darkness. This is what Christ refers to as "the world". This "world" is the false, illusory self. You are not that, but the evil one wants you to believe this to be so by using "I" in all of his ploys against you. Now, for the truth, the anecdote. "I have overcome the world!" Yes, Christ experienced the illusions of the evil, masked one. He overcame the nature of the false self. He was rigorous, honest and very thorough with self examination. He wants us to do the same and paved the way for us by leaving us with his findings and by the way he lived his life. Never take his words at face value. They are not meant for that and will not work. Go deeper into the makeup of you. Take his words and apply them as these life experiences occur. They will occur if you are on the quest. He left his life and teachings as an example for us to see, diligently work by, and, yes! overcome. blessings, r

1 comment: