Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Farewell To Arms

"The more we awaken to how we actually are-and start to feel all the forces randomly operating within us, with no guidance apart from the "good" each separate self desires at the moment-the more we realize the need for a new kind of unity, a wholeness we are unable to create by ourselves, within ourselves.
With this new understanding comes the dawning that the only way to accomplish our higher intuitions in life is to start embracing God's intention for us to be whole and conscious creatures. Our will must be redirected, married to a Greater One."

'Seekers Guide to Self-Freedom' - Guy Finley

Slowly and carefully, I have begin to notice this quiet phenomena in my own life. In fact, the birth of this kind of wisdom begin many years ago. Only recently have I been able to conduct and notice, through experiment, a certain truth that appears to be trying to shine through. If I am protecting, defending or at arms with this wonderful insight, then I am unconscious to myself and incapable of receiving its liberating power. Forget how the outside is, this is your quest for truth. If I can pause, in this moment, to see what is really going on inside of me, then I am ultimately at the precipice of a new kind of understanding. Only by seeing these random forces operate as the assumed "I" or "myself", will I be able to detect their attempts to describe and assume to know goodness. As previously stated, this is not possible. That this real goodness cannot be created by me (it matters not the amount of prayer, meditation, intention or reading I do). This new kind of unity is beyond the "goodness" of my created I's. It is not out of reach, however, and is as close as this very moment. Spend some quiet time with this. Understanding is a dawning that only comes within ourselves, by ourselves. It is a conscious letting go of preconceived premonitions and attitudes we have about ourselves and what we really are. To see, but not side with what we think is us mechanically, is the seed to a new and contented unification with God. It brings us to a consciousness that is not from our mind, but rises quietly and surely from our true heart. blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment