Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Texas Wild Fires

If a man walks into a fire, thinking God will put it out, he will most likely get burned by it. The "good self" cannot reform the "bad self", (Vernon Howard). I need not continue to face the fire. Darkness demands that I live in conflict, suggesting that my philosophies and opinions make me unique. That I must personalize with my strife, and fight, to rise above it or separate myself from people, in other words, to "fix" the tension. This is what a sick, secret society does. Cannot I not turn my back to it, all of it? Darkness wants to get me cornered. When I try to create a mental truth, I am unconsciously, separating myself from oneness with what is good. I am learning that the bad self is an isolated, secret self. A self which totally operates within the boundaries of the mind. It's life spring is not life, but a constantly streaming film of mental images to which I personalize. It fuels illusions. There is no basis for what it does. It is not connected to anything. I turn myself over to it constantly, fueling more fire. Subsequently, all my relationships are based on this process: The need to be right, to be desirable, yet different. It is impossible to be above and with at the same time. Can I not see these conversations? The good self cannot reform the bad self. What direction must I turn? I don't know, but I must look at the direction I am facing and ask myself: Am I getting burned?

No comments:

Post a Comment