Tuesday, September 15, 2009

As Good As It Gets

When was the last time you enjoyed yourself? How much freedom have you given yourself, without some instruction, some book or some borrowed idea (about how you are suppose to act, feel or be)? Sometimes head knowledge and the intensity of action doesn't allow God do his work. We think too much at times, spinning with "What should I do?" I had one such day today. I spent a day where everything just came together the way God intended it to. It was peaceful, unrestrained and unorchestrated. It just flowed throughout my being as I worked and as I played. I noticed, mostly, the subtle things, like what my hands were doing, how I was breathing and the wind gently blowing after a heavy rain. I guess, honestly, there was nothing wrong with just letting happen, what happened. I didn't create today, so why do I think I need to create tomorrow. Let God regenerate your soul for you by spending some peaceful, quiet and unrestrained time with yourself. He enjoys that too. Blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment