Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Dying Body

There is no cure for the dying body. I know many of you are sick or have some physically chronic condition that ails you. I know how you struggle with those things. We dedicate a great portion of our life to feeling physically good and we spend a lot of money on maintaining that. On certain levels, it is okay to nurture those things. I was listening to a podcast on superwisdom.com. One of the co-costs, Fred, said something that stirred this writing today. To summarize awkwardly, he said something, to the effect, that it is great for one to know they are alive and how precious a gift that is. We we spend so much energy on making sure that we feel good all of the time, according to our precipices, that we fail in maintaining any kind of truthful balance. In essence, these are only a small part of things, but the picture is much bigger. Can you not see the consumption of "feeling." If I identify with "feeling good," what will happen when I feel bad? Isn't feeling bad from the part as feeling good? I allow myself to be puppet-like, in that, all of my life centers on the physical, (not excluding thought and feeling). And WHEN my body withers, am I going to object to it? (Vernon Howard talk You are not your physical body, 1-16-1977) And AS my body begins to wither am I going to object? The body does wither. Get the help you need, of course. Do the best that you can, but stop fighting! Oh, this "MY!" I encourage you to take a chance on this one. Sooner or later you will have to face yourself. You have everything to gain. Watch how the pendulum whirls you around. See it? I hope you will check out the unique and age-proven principles on the website. Unlike the body, they are tried, true and now. Why you ask? Because no one else is doing it quite like this. What answers do you now have for yourself? r

No comments:

Post a Comment