Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Corporal Punishment

I grew up on my own and equally, in the same manner, have grown into a man. The things I learned from man are not the things I have embraced over my lifetime. In my early years I learned about things I struggle to unlearn today, the things that men do. The things men have always done. Those things like winning at all costs, awards, Pride and Vanity, defending, protecting, worrying, fear and results, are things I was never really interested in. I mimicked their ideas and their games. I don't have to do that. I don't want to do that. You will never be able to imprison one's soul. It is free and that is the way it is. That IS the way it is. I let society lie to me and, as a child, I believed them. I lived their way for many years. Now, I live in revolt, not resistance, but revolt. They do not wish for me to do so. If I chose to be wrong, then I may also choose to go another way. Men like it easy. They spend a great deal of time on learning magic tricks and devising many new sleeping pills, but it comes down to their fear of people like myself. I am not responsible for that. I am not responsible for them or too them. I thought life was about being like them. I do not wish to play the games they play. They do not realize it, but they are teaching me to be different. I only wish to play, they want to race. I wish to find my own way, they have a way for me to follow. I want to believe, they have an answer to that, as well. I want to doubt, they have faith. I want to question, they want to answer. They want me to believe that we are all in the same boat. I am in my own boat. A Socializing man is a lazy man. Inward independence is a man's only call. r

No comments:

Post a Comment