Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy Trails

If the trail that I am on doesn't open into a thousand new ones, I am on the wrong trail. It must be my aim, a refreshing approach, to savor and relish all the present good. A hardy demand to casually strive and confine myself to the present moment. I should never look to please others nor wish that they please me. Self pleasing is the only true pleasing that can be had, especially when centered away from the touchy ego. The ego wants me to think that pleasing must be based on something outside, but a real walk is tall and away from crowded illusions. It may be viewed by a few prisoners wishing to be free of their unseen confinements, but the blinded masses will never see it. The aim is to be independent of dependence on any event, thought, person or feeling OUTSIDE of the present. A true characteristic of nobility and royal inheritance.r

"Confine yourself to the present" - Marcus Aurelius

No comments:

Post a Comment