Monday, August 16, 2010

Awakest Thou That Sleepest....

I buried my father this past weekend and was encouraged with the mental health of all of the survivors. I guess for most people, they need these types of events to wake them up to the truth about mortality or continue living in an ongoing illusion about whatever. I learned so much this weekend, but the thing I learned most came after the processions and (actually) occurred on the way home. My wife and I were sitting in a Cracker Barrel when I stopped eating and began looking around the room. To my amazement, I saw hundreds of people unaware of where they were or whether or not they were even eating. To live life without knowing what you are actually doing IS the greatest loss of life. I know now what Christ meant when he said, "forgive them, for they know not what they do." We walk around with all these goings on in our head, which have nothing to do with what our physical body is engaged nor the environment around us. Watch yourself today. See what you do when you are doing it. Remind yourself daily to become a part of the living of life and not the mortality of illusion and self-centered thinking. Love, R

No comments:

Post a Comment