Monday, July 6, 2009

Nursery Rhyme

God, please take care of me today because I can't.
Honestly, I don't know how.
My very best thinking got me into a treatment center,
for drugs, anxiety, depression, isolation and loneliness.
They follow me wherever I go.
Show me today how to forget about myself and
what, how and where you want me to be.
Carry me through myself.
You know that I believe in you, but
my beliefs are limited and are only mechanical, at best.
Could you show me how to know myself,
without worrying about how to do it?
Encourage me to let go,
and to not get so emotional when I do so.
If I should happen to get a brief glimpse of your love for me today,
that would be greater than anything I could do on my own.

"Now I lay me down to SLEEP,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
If I should die before I AWAKE,
I pray the Lord my soul to take."

Blessings, r

No comments:

Post a Comment