Wednesday, July 15, 2009

IFC Challenge: Need verses Want

What I want carries carries no value. What I need has no depreciation. The apostle Paul once wrote, "I can do all things through Christ, which strengthens me." Let me see something here, first. Before I go creating a picture in my mind of what Christ is or should be, which would be both logical and mechanical in orientation, let me first see what Christ isn't.
Christ is NOT: Fear, Worry, Pride, Vanity, Wants, Desires, Selfishness, Defense, Greed, Procrastination, etc... So before calling on the angels, I should first look to see what is really causing my disruption, (which, in fact, is the same thing). Ah, Alas! I see that sneaky little demon. What I wanted was NOT Christ, but what I needed was and is God or Christ (same thing) who provides me with everything that IS necessary. I must do the work. I must let the Absolute, who rules my heart, do what he does and see that my wants only get in the way and prevent the awareness of that beautiful fact. Incidentally, if you are not convinced of this, take your most valuable possession down to the local pawn shop. You can then see how the angels play. Blessings, r

"Learn to love the things that make you the most uncomfortable. If you decide to end your burdensome ways, it is about time." Vernon Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment