Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ceiling Fans

As I lay back on my bed after a cleansing shower, I found myself looking at my bedroom ceiling fan. I noticed the blades spinning in one direction and within the same circle. I begin to notice how my mind works in much the same way. Upon the blades were thought, feelings, health, my body, job, money, worry, religion, anxiety, depression, pain, relationships, so on and so forth. Constant movement, constant motion spinning at a high rate of speed, in the same direction, returning to itself time and time again. Attaching my sight to one blade only made me dizzy and difficult to keep up with. Then I noticed that there was something different. The light. Only fractions of an inch away, the light stood still, unwavering. The stillness of the light was comforting, but only momentarily, as I soon returned to the spinning of the blades and the all familiar desires of sensitization and the wants of myself. Christ spoke often of division and the leaving of desire and passion (the inter workings of the self). He was very specific in his teachings about truth. "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, pick up his cross daily and follow me." Within the ceiling fan was an opportunity to see this division. It is important for me to see the existence of both the mind (the blades) and what is still (the light). That I exist in both movement and stillness. To see these different paths, sparked a new and inspiring regeneration. A new beginning today, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment