Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It Is Depressed, Not You

I went to bed last night severely depressed. At least this is what I assumed. I was sweating profusely, first, burning up, then, freezing to death. Back and forth I went clutching my chest and writhing with the heaviness of life. I awoke this morning somewhat dazed but without the total desperation from the night before. I quickly thought I needed to run out and help someone, attend some service or read some literature. These things are good, true and necessary. It is a natural process that one will receive when one (selflessly) gives. It is also true that you cannot hurt another without hurting yourself. There will never be enough opportunities in life for you to sustain yourself in this manner 100% of the time. There are not enough selfless opportunities in a day to establish this you, you think you need to be. Sooner or later you must look at your thought processes and how you take life within and without. You must spend some time alone with yourself. You must see how long you can look at a fact about yourself without running away from it. This is the right action. How long can you take looking at yourself. I was depressed last night. There was no desperation today. I am still the same person standing here. You, the real you cannot be swayed. It is depressed, not you. Do you see yet? R

No comments:

Post a Comment